Veterinary Answers understands the difficulties you face in your practice - from an animal owner’s financial limitations, to staff and equipment availability, and the reality that you will never have enough time in the day to do everything. Our goal is to work with you to find the next step in diagnosis or treatment of your patients under these circumstances.
Answers to general questions - Call us when you have a question related to a patient, recent veterinary news, new products, etc. We will research the answer and provide written follow up.
Article Search - Once you leave academia, it is difficult to find the latest information from every journal. We have access to a large number of veterinary and scientific journals. If you are looking for a particular article or the most recent information on a given topic, we can find it for you.
Set Up Protocols
Your clients appreciate it when all doctors in a practice work in similar ways to treat their pets. Catch chronic diseases early, prevent transmission of infectious diseases inside and outside of your clinic, give your patients the best quality of life by managing their chronic diseases based on the latest research. Veterinary Answers will work with you to develop protocols that fit your practice.
- Which core vaccines should your clinic use?
- How often should you vaccinate?
- What are the alternative options?
- Infection Control
- Isolation Protocols
- Protocols for Feline Upper Respiratory Infection Management
- Protocols for Parvovirus Management
- Protocols for Antibiotic Resistant Infection Management & Prevention
- Infectious Disease Testing
- Lyme/E. canis/A. phagocytophilum/Heartworm
- Intestinal parasites
- Geriatric screening
- Chronic Vomiting/Diarrhea
- Chronic Diabetes mellitus
- DKA & Hypoglycemic Crisis Management
- Refractory hypothyroidism
- Hyperthyroidism and Chronic Renal Failure
- Chronic Renal Failure management in cats and dogs
- Chronic Urinary Tract Infections
- PU/PD Workup
- Feline Idiopathic Cystitis
- Immune-mediated diseases
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Chronic Rhinitis
- Staging for Common Neoplastic Diseases
- Cancer treatment protocols and response rates
- Discussion of best treatment options
- Palliative treatment options
- Pre-anesthetic screening protocols
- Anesthesia protocols for all life stages and underlying disease conditions
- Prepare a protocol for a high risk patient
- Prepare a protocol for a patient with previous anesthetic complications
- Emergency Treatment & Diagnosis of the Dyspneic Patient
- Hit By Car
- Stabilization of congestive heart failure
- Acute Renal Failure
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Urethral obstruction
- Paresis: evaluation and next steps
- Talk through procedures: pericardiocentesis, thoracocentesis, chest tube, tracheostomy
- Head Trauma: drugs, nursing care, ventilation
- Cluster seizures, Status Epilepticus
- Pain control
- Snake bite and envenomation
- Saddle thrombus management and important points of discussion with owners
- Heat stroke
- Common toxicities
- Transfusion medicine